Re: Defoma Problems

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 05:37:56PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:
> 1. it takes ages: i have to confirm about 20 dialogs for each font.
> Makes 9000 dialogs i have to fill out and confirm...
> I havn't found a way to specify certain defaults, either...
> for example i want all Fonts to use the "LarabieFonts" Registry.
> Second i do not want to be shown the confirmation that the font uses
> "iso-8859-1" as default encoding...

You do have the source, you know. Your problem is somewhat specialized -
yours is the only large collection of misc fonts in Debian, and
hopefully will stay that way. A few quick patches to the C source should
do everything you need.

> 2. i don't know enough about fonts to classify them. Is this font now
> Roman, is it Semilight, is it NoSerif? For most fonts i tried
> classifying i did not succeed really.

Take a guess. For purely decorative fonts, it probably doesn't matter
much.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.