Re: Anybody want to adopt cdrecord?

On Wed Apr 03, 2002 at 03:52:10PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Adam Byrtek wrote on Wed Apr 03, 2002 um 09:12:02AM:
>
> > #131325: cdrecord: crashes on 2.2.20
> >
> > It *has* to be fixed before Woody! In fact I'm still using old (1.9-1)
> > cdrecord because of this bug...
>
> Yes, it has.
>
> Erik: What about that patch for cdrecord, needed to not to depend on the
> running kernel? Why cannot we have to versions, cdrecord-2.4.x and
> cdrecord-2.4.x?

I have not had the time to work in it, so on March 21st I put
cdrtools up for adoption.  David Downey agreed to take over, but
it has been 2 weeks since then and he hasn't yet bothered to
upload a new package yet.  Since he hasn't done that yet, I guess
I'm still the nominal maintainer.  As such, if someone else that
_is_ willing to do that job and wants to take over....

As for the 2.4.x vs 2.2.x stuff, it would be easy to make a patch
to test the mmap behavior at runtime and then do the right thing.
I havn't had the time to write such a patch, but that would take
care of the problem once and for all.  Setting compile bahavior
based on the kernel running on the compiling box is just lame,
but thats what cdrecord does....

 -Erik