c++ and unrecognized -D option on ia64

Hi all,
  one package of mine doesn't build on ia64. Namely the package is
gtkmathview 0.3.0-4 and the build log which report the failure is at

I'm asking here because the failure seems to be due to the "c++"
compiler that doesn't recognize the "-Dsomething" option. I can't
reproduce the problem doing some stupid C++ test on merulo and the
upstream author (CCed) doesn't have an IA64 machine to perform some

Any hint?

Stefano Zacchiroli - undergraduate student of CS @ Univ. Bologna, Italy
zack@cs.unibo.it | ICQ# 33538863 | http://www.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro
"I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!" -- G.Romney