Re: ccache for the autobuilders?

On Monday 01 April 2002 18:23, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> cum veritate scripsit:
> > The same package: almost never
> > the same file: often, with every new compile.
> >
> > Just take into account that a package contains 50 .c files that need
> > to be compiled.  An updated package often only changes packaging or
> > 10% of .c files, leaving 45 remaining the same.  These 45 files would
> > benefit of ccache.
> I'm pretty doubtful if ccache is able to cache so much
> data. We have 5000 source packages.

Looking at my testing PPC box with grep-available, we have only about
8GB total Installed-Size.  So I would expect a ccache of 1GB (the default) to
be a net gain, given that not all packages are built with the same
regularity.  10GB should definitely do it, well within ccache's capability.
Thanks for your mail,