Re: ccache for the autobuilders?

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > 	Just packaged Andrew Tridgell's ccache (like compiler cache only
> > written in C and much quicker).  You might want to consider using it for the
> > autobuilders (although the disk requirements might be overwhelming).
>
> That's pointless; the autobuilders almost never build the same file
> twice.  By the time a package comes up for rebuild at least a day has
> passed (more generally weeks).

The same package: almost never
the same file: often, with every new compile.

Just take into account that a package contains 50 .c files that need
to be compiled.  An updated package often only changes packaging or
10% of .c files, leaving 45 remaining the same.  These 45 files would
benefit of ccache.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto