Unethical advertising of Nortel products by SouthWest Century Communications

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:40, Dale R. Joaquin wrote:
> Our company sells services and repairs Large PBX telephone systems &
> smaller key telephone systems.  Plus we perform maintenance contracts. And
> we also specialize in Call Centers, ACD, Convergence...Desktop messaging
> and VoIP.   We would like to send you more information and a link to our
> web site, if you are interested.

That's a pretty stupid spam to send out.

Companies that use large PBXs, call centers, etc look for professional
reliable companies to do business with.

It's well known that all spammers are liars, and that they tend to take money
and not deliver the goods.

Who would risk the operation of their call center by doing business with a
spammer?  Who would risk their job by doing business with a spammer in such a
situation?

Your actions as an authorised Nortel distributor also raise questions about
the ethics of Nortel, questions that I feel compelled to raise next time one
of my clients is considering the purchase of Nortel equipment.  Unless of
course Nortel takes appropriate actions to ensure that such things don't
happen again.

Please don't bother making any laughable accusations of libel.  You destroy
your own reputation by spamming.  By pointing this out to you and the world I
am just stating the obvious.

Russell Coker