Re: preventing update of a custom package

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 01:26:52PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 11:51:44AM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, that scheme is reserved for use by binary-only NMUs
> > (simple recompiles) for porting efforts.  So while it is unlikely to clash,
> > it is not by any means guaranteed.
>
> *scratches head*
>
> Am I mistaken, then, in my reading of policy and the developer's reference
> that indicate one *should not* change the version, changelog, or anything
> else when doing a binary-only porting NMU?

Can you be more specific about the sections that you are referring to?  I
don't think that policy mentions NMUs at all.  Here is the relevant section
from the Developer's Reference:

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-porting.en.html#s-recompile-nmu-versioning

If there is another section which contradicts this one, that should be
clarified.

--
 - mdz