Re: Spelling bug: publically versus publicly

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 07:20:03PM -0500, Alan Shutko wrote:

> Since there are enough sources saying that it is valid english, and the
> bug was just a mass spelling check, I'd chalk this up to an error in the
> dictionary used, and close the bug as incorrect.

Given the scale of the spelling check, I only had, on average, about 10
seconds to spend on each word which required manual investigation.
Typically, this involved things like a dict(1) lookup, a larger wordlist
search, and maybe (if I had a feeling about it) a web-based dictionary
check.

In cases which require more investigation, it should be done by the
maintainer, and they should send feedback to me so that I can make a note of
it for future checks.

--
 - mdz