Re: Policy proposal: 'local-foo' for system-specific init.d files

on Sun, Mar 31, 2002, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (hmh@debian.org) wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > This question (where do I put local init.d scripts) comes up enough that
> > a policy ought IMVAO be set for it.
>
> Hmm... well, ALL we need in policy is to define that no Debian packages
> should ever use an initscript ID prefixed by local.

That's the short version of the proposal.  Yes.

> Is there reason for more? policy is not a user's guide, after all.

Well, documenting this behavior elsewhere, say, the init manpage, would
be useful.

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>      http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
   Keep software free.         Oppose the CBDTPA.         Kill S.2048 dead.