Re: Debian's problems, Debian's future

> If you want some solid figures, see somewhere inside
> http://people.debian.org/~dancer/

I have some trouble to understand your figures, so my interpretation
might be wrong.

Packages.0 from 28-March is probably the newest and the smallest upgrade
is problably the diff for one day (209k uncompressed, 50k gzipped). On
the 28th rsync's download was 130k, today it was less than 100k. I don't
know why your uncompressed diff is bigger than what rsync says.

If you integrate compression and build diffs for about a month each day,
I agree diffs are better for downloading Packages file. If you build
just one diff each day, I'll try to figure out when rsync will better.
I've saved today's Packages file and see how rsync's figures will be for
a week.

O. Wyss

--
Author of "Debian partial mirror synch script"
("http://dpartialmirror.sourceforge.net/";)