Re: Spelling bug: publically versus publicly

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 12:25:37AM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> On Thursday 28 Mar 2002 7:27 pm, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > I don't want to start a flame war, I just want a quick opinion.
> > Two bug reports against libforms0.88 want me to correct the spelling of
> > "publically" for "publicly":

> The latter is correct, I have never seen the former used. Maybe it is an
> American form of the word.

Frequency is no indicator of correctness (or lack thereof).  Take, for
example, the spelling "definately", which seems to be the popular form
among the Slashdot crowd.

I suppose that's a definate indication of the education lapses in the
US. :P

Steve Lanagsek
postmodern programmer