Re: ITP: mencal -- A menstruation calendar

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 09:39:36PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"Jeroen" == Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> writes:
>
>  >> On a low end machine it is faster to compile
>  >> the kernel than to do an upgrade.
>
>  Jeroen> What's "the kernel? BSD, Mach, L4, Linux, ...???
>
> 	For a Debian developer, you seem particularly clueless.
>  Please allow me to clue you in: At this point of time, when people
>  talk about the kernel, they are genrally talking about the Linux
>  kernel. You really ought to get out off you HURD shell and learn a
>  bit about Debian.

I think Jeroen's question was valid - there's progress of getting
Debian onto Mach and BSD. Hell, I could have said about
compiling Linux 2.0 or something which would be a lot faster than
trying to compile 2.4 series. At this point, I don't think that
one can assume which version of kernel you run if you run
Woody.

Well, maybe in Red Hat world you can :)

- Adam