Re: What to do with a dead upstream popular application (IceWm) ?

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 03:56:45PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Of course in your case you need a window manager that can replace icewm
> and is able to provide the same functionality, look and feel and memory
> footprint, I don't even know if it exists...

If it looks, tastes and smells like icewm, then it is icewm.  Yes, there are
precedents for such things. But they take time.  For instance, bonnie++
superceded bonnie.  For a time, both existed in the archive, but eventually
bonnie++ prevailed.  So if someone wants to "build a better icewm", go for
it.  I don't think anyone will obstruct them.  For the time being, however,
your question remains entirely hypothetical because, as you have guessed,
there currently is no such beast.

Ben