Should debootstrap's requirement be standard or base?

At the moment, most of the packages needed by debootstrap is either in
base or with priority standard or required.  Base, standard and
required packages are automatically included on the first CD when
building images using debian-cd.  A few packages isn't, and I'm
woundering if these packages should change priority or section.  The
packages in question is

  Package       Priority        Section
  -------------------------------------
  apt-utils     optional        admin
  dhcp-client   optional        net
  pppoe         optional        net
  pppoeconf     optional        net
  pciutils      optional        admin
  syslinux      optional        utils

The rest of the packages needed by debootstrap is included
automatically by debian-cd.  The package pppoeconf have already caused
some problems when it was missing from a boot-CD.

I suggest making these packages standard or required.  Is there any
reason these only are optional, when they are required by debootstrap?

I use the following to find the packages required by debootstrap:

  /usr/sbin/debootstrap --arch i386 --print-debs woody | tr ' ' '\n' |
    grep -v "^$"