Re: ITP: fpm -- FIGARO'S PASSWORD MANAGER

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 04:57:47PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Why not? Does it still work? Has it bitrotted over the last 16-19 months?

Just that I am always a bit skeptical at programs are beta versions and
have had no development. I have to wonder why has development stopped?
When will it start again?

According to the webpage, there is major work under way for developing
version 0.60, but I cannot see any evidence of that. Some of the missing
features not yet available in the working version could be considered
security holes, eg. "Increased security by preventing core dumps and
virtual memory pageouts" could be important.

So, maybe I am premature in deciding to package it? What do others
think?

(Note: I haven't had time yet to check for responses on debian-devel).
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>