Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

    BM> One problem seems to be that there is no way for end users to
    BM> know what the language is going to be like before downloading
    BM> the package.

    BM> Would it be possible for some third party (non-debian) site to
    BM> create a Packages file (for use by apt) that points to the
    BM> Debian archive for deb packages, but simply ommits packages
    BM> that are deemed to be offensive?

Another possibility is having a dummy package ("pc"?) within Debian
that Conflicts: with packages containing offensive stuff -- much like
the "harden-*" packages work now.

I don't intend to do it, but it'd be an idea. I'm not sure it's a
great path to go down, though -- making pseudo-packages just to block
out each others' packages. Although I _would_ kind of like to maintain
the i-hate-python package... Hrm...

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou