Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

Jeremy Nickurak <atrus@rifetech.com> writes:

> The issue isn't whether we should keep racist material out of
> debian. It's a matter of providing software without racist material
> when people don't want racist material, joke or otherwise.

Right now, I have no trouble: I don't use bitchx.

If I wanted it, and the offensive joke were always "in my face", I
would delete it.

I might ask the developer to delete it.

I might ITP a version of the package without, and "let the users
decide".

But I wouldn't try and armtwist the developer into doing the work for
me that I should be happy to do myself.

Thomas