Re: inappropriate racist and other offensive material

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> I think it is unreasonable. That's like saying that the library has a
> right to burn books that it finds filthy or innappropriate. If you
> modify source code simply to remove the authors remarks, your are
> censoring, and are no better than a book-burner.

Um, it's free software.  When I package something, I get to warp it in
whatever way I think is most suitable for Debian, and both my
political judgment and my technical judgment are relevant there.

You seem to be saying that we should treat *everything* as if it were
an Invariant Section under the GFDL!?