Re: Debian joning OASIS?

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:18, Mark Johnson wrote:
> I have a proposal I believe would benefit the Debian project as a
> whole, as well as providing important opportunities for ALL debian
> developers.
>
> The Quick Summary:
>
>   - Cost
>          I'll pay $250 of the $1000 annual OASIS membership fee if
>          someone else can come up with the remaining $750. (One
>          possibility being that 3 [or more] other developers cover the
>          rest, but then see the Caveat below.)

If you can find one other Debian developer to pay $250 then I will vote for
the rest being paid for from Debian funds.

I suggest that as a general rule, any time that Debian developers are paying
half and by matching that amount the entire project can join then it should
be done.

Of course if they let Debian in for free then that's even better!  But I
think that's unlikely (they won't go cheaper than the non-profit price).