Re: PostgreSQL: [Re: DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive support?]

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 11:56:57AM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> The reason I have not attempted to use debconf is that I do not believe
> I can afford to automate queries on postgresql installation.  The safety
> of data is involved and I do not want there to be any chance of the
> user's accidentally deleting his data through reliance on an automatic
> process.

I think your safety first strategy is very valuable. But you could ask
the user if he wants an automatic upgrade. If this question is priority
high, most user will be asked every time they upgrade. Only those who
definitely don't want to be asked anything won't see the question after
entering their answer once. IMO that's a fair trade-off.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De