Re: feedback wanted alternative Debian installation system

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 07:25:12PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> You unpack rescue.bin onto an NFS server, boot LILO and load the kernel
> telling it to NFS mount / from wherever you put rescue.bin. AFAIK,
> AIUI, anyway.

This is pretty much how the NFS live filesystem support works in PGI, as
well.

> I'm just not seeing what's different about PGI's approach here that means
> you're not limited to the feature set that PGI supports, I guess.

If the concept behind PGI bores you to tears, then you don't have to
deal with it.  I was asking for feedback from interested parties, not
disinterested ones.

PGI is presented as an alternative Debian installation system, not as a
boot-floppies killer.  You have every right to feel that PGI is a waste
of time.

However, people have asked if Progeny was going to make their installer
available to Debian, so that's what was done.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           If ignorance is bliss,