Re: /sys/types.h

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 04:05:42AM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 07:51:25PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > Is /sys/types.h included in all Debian or is it specific to Linux only?
> > Or even worse, is it _very_ bad to assume anything about the include/sys
> > directory?
>
> As the GNU Hurd also has the GNU C Library, we have sys/types.h. The
> contents is the same. I don't know about the *BSD ports however,
> because they use the BSD C Library.

The BSD libc setups have this; it is a POSIX required file. At least some
of the current releases have some... interesting quirks, depending on the
(non|)existance of some #defines (_POSIX_SOURCE, _XOPEN_SOURCE), but that
is entirely an implementation detail. The types are there. (And most of
the quirks are fixed in the updated source trees).
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/