Re: New Linux Aid Server Project

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 08:29:17PM +1300, Matthew Grant wrote:
> A new Debian project has been started.  Its about using Linux as a
> communications server for Aid Organisations and NGOs.  Linux has a large
> range of tools that can be combined together to get email through in
> extreme conditions.  UUCP is a major part of this.

(gnu-advocate-mode t)
It's GNU/Linux, not Linux.

> Debian was chaosen for this project because of the range of readily
> available software, as well as the possibility of installing a system
> with a light foot print.

(hurdport-advocate-mode t)
(bsdport-advocate-mode t)
Debian is more than only GNU/Linux. We already have a GNU/Hurd port
and the GNU/NetBSD port is coming. Look at the feature those aren't
linux-specific. IMHO It makes more sense to name it "Debian Aid Server".

> Other projects I am running are up at:
>
> http://www.anathoth.gen.nz/

I see the "Welcome to Your New Home in Cyberspace!" there.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org