Re: OT: Any developer in New Hampshire, USA?

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:53:42PM +0700, Bambang Purnomosidi D. P. wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 12:21, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > I'm sorry, but ID verification by proxy is not useful; it proves nothing
> > about your identity beyond what is proven by the name you use when
> > sending email.

> > If you are interested in becoming a Debian developer, there are other
> > ways of passing the ID check that don't involve physical meetings.  They
> > are sufficient for getting your key included in the Debian keyring,
> > although I don't think they result in getting your key signed.

> I am pretty upset to hear that. I already register to have my key signed
> but (as what you think before) there's no result. Is there no other way
> at all?.

* The community standard for keysigning requires a face-to-face meeting,
  an exchange of key fingerprints, and a photo ID that the keysigner can

* If you have no way of getting your key signed by a Debian developer,
  you can still get your key in the Debian keyring; this should be
  discussed with your AM if you're applying to become a developer.  When
  I was an NM, I signed the key of another DD in the area whose key had
  never been signed by a DD before... :)  Having your key signed by
  another DD is not the only way to show trust.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer