Re: two porting issues, gperiodic and gfontview

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 04:16:57PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > And, needless to say, both of the packages built and rebuilt several times
> > on my machines, so I'd appreciate any help...
>
>   I get the build failure on gfontview using pbuilder.

Later with Daniel's help I was able to reproduce this problem and fixed the
problem. It was a mixture of $LIBS munging in configure.in and a missing
gettext build-dependency.

However, that wasn't the end to gfontview's build problems. The buildds
failed to rebuild the new gfontview due to an even weirder problem. All of
the buildds failed to detect lpr in $PATH! That is, AC_PATH_PROG(SPOOLER,
"lpr") failed. AFAICT, all of these buildds had lpr installed and didn't
install it just for gfontview.

On one buildd, alpha, the lpr package was installed from scratch, and the
configure script succeeded to find lpr. (This unfortunately also triggered
the lpr automated removal failure bug, which I assume is the reason why all
other buildd chroots already have it installed.)

Can anyone tell me if there's anything I can do to fix the package? I don't
see how the standard autoconf test could fail to find /usr/bin/lpr if the
lpr package is properly installed...

Arguably this whole checking thing is superfluous on Debian and should be
removed, but I think I've done enough NMUing on gfontview for one week :)

Note also that the gperiodic error was a missing gettext build-dependency
which I've also fixed.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.