Re: Debian is slower than time (was: adrian's 2.4.x packages)

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:51:04AM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 11:25:06AM +0100, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> > I've always seen that as a plus. Great for servers, no?
>
> Not really. potato is lacking large file support, journalling
> filesystems, a decent out-of-box raid, etc. Hell, a lot of new hardware
> isn't even capabable of installing potato.

You have a good point there. Still, I think long release cycles are a
pretty good idea. Though I would have loved to see woody out by now.

Two years might be too long, but I don't see 1+ year as a problem,
And I for sure don't want any release every 4 month.

--
Peter Mathiasson                   | GPG Fingerprint:
E-Mail: peter(at)mathiasson(dot)nu |  A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066