Re: diversion/conffile

le mer 20-02-2002 à 09:19, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :

> 	What does dpkg do when base-files changes /etc/issue? How do
>  conffile replacement and diversions interact?

I think it acts just as if the administrator has changed the file by
himself. And yes, this is potentially harmful at the time of removal of
linuxlogo.

> 	manoj
> preparing to file a serios bug against linuxlogo unless conviced otherwise

I also think it is a serious bug, but we have to find a way to solve it.
Either dpkg has to handle proper diverting of conffiles, or base-files
has to provide a good way to modify /etc/issue.

Maybe base-files should provide a /etc/issue.default file, and make a
symlink from /etc/issue to /etc/issue.default if /etc/issue doesn't
exist. Then, programs like linuxlogo could remove the link and generate
/etc/issue using /etc/issue.default for the final text. At the time of
removal, they would have to erase /etc/issue and recreate the link.
Of course, it would require programs like linuxlogo (if there are
several ones) to conflict with each other.

Just my 2¢.
`. `'