Re: Trying to rebuild all of Debian Packages

Hi Manoj!

You wrote:

> 	"If a source package requires a package which is not in the
>  build-essentials list to be able to build the binary package, or if
>  presence of a package prevents it from building, it MUST declare a
>  dependency or a conflict on the appropriate binary package,
>  indicating which (non-Essential) packages are required to be present
>  (or not present, in case of the conflict) on the system in order to
>  build the binary packages from the source package."

I think every package should have a Build-Deps field, which must be
empty if the building of the package does not require any
build-essentials.  That way, it can easily be seen whether for a
particular package Build-deps have not yet been implemented are are just
empty.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |