Re: [2002-02-16] Release Status Update

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Joey Hess wrote:

> Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Pretty much. The crypto-in-main transition for woody is meant to just
> > be a "move packages, don't think" one. Actually doing a good job of
> > integrating crypto into the distro is a woody+1 issue (or woody+n,
> > even depending on how high you rate "good").
>
> It's going to be sort of gross for woody to have a bunch of -ssl
> packages and so on right next to their non-ssl-enabled builds, isn't it?
>
> Sigh. Oh well.

I'm glad you brought it up because ctually I was just thinking about this.
I have two sets of packages that are affected.  Webmin (and webmin-ssl)
and uw-imap (and uw-imap-ssl.)  What I was planning to do is to add SSL
support to uw-imap and webmin and then just ask the FTP admins to drop
uw-imap-ssl and webmin-ssl.  Would that not work?  Am I missing anything
there?

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>