error during testing upgrade destroyed partition

Hi debian developpers,

during an upgrade of testing I had kernel panic wich complitely destroyed the partition (I can mount it and read some things, but not fsck it) . I think the last messages before the panic on the screen came from the pcmcia packages (I am using a laptop). Is there a log of the apt upgrade (I did it with aptitude) on the destroyed partition ?

I am using kernel 2.4.5 and woody with regularly upgrades.

I copied the whole system to another partition a few days ago but everything, including the first upgrades worked as usual.

Thanks Harald Schmid

P.S. Please cc me, because I am currently not subscribed to debian-devel

P.S.2 I am sorry for perhaps being in the wrong list, but I thought this could be of interrest for you.