Re: Not earlier than... [was: Re: [2002-02-16] Release Status Update]

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 03:36:51PM +0100, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
> W li?cie z sob, 16-02-2002, godz. 03:23, Anthony Towns pisze:
> > The bad news is that this means we're probably releasing soon, and that of
> The question is "how _soon_ is soon ?".
> So my question would be - how do You fill in such sentence:
> "Woody will not be released sooner than XXXXX from now."
> What would You put there instead of XXXXX ?
> a month ? two ? three ?

As far as buggy packages are concerned, no sooner than two weeks from
now. The NI roll out will take at least that long, and a couple of
packages (viz openssl, gpg, openssh, postgresql) will need to be moved
at that point. It will actually take a little longer than that, but not
enough that there's any time left for procrastination.

> From what Anthony have said I could assume it is not gonna be
> long. That would mean we didn't have much time left for
> preparations (writing articles etc.).

"articles" ? If you meed for things like reviews for magazines and stuff,
you've got all the time in the world to do that -- after release. If
you mean things like release notes and installation howtos, yes, they
need to be being worked on in earnest at this point.

Cheers,
aj

We came. We Saw. We Conferenced. http://linux.conf.au/

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey