Re: Not earlier than... [was: Re: [2002-02-16] Release Status Update]

W liście z nie, 17-02-2002, godz. 03:16, Anthony Towns pisze:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 03:36:51PM +0100, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
> > W li?cie z sob, 16-02-2002, godz. 03:23, Anthony Towns pisze:
> > > The bad news is that this means we're probably releasing soon, and that of
> > The question is "how _soon_ is soon ?".
> > So my question would be - how do You fill in such sentence:
> > "Woody will not be released sooner than XXXXX from now."
> > What would You put there instead of XXXXX ?
> > a month ? two ? three ?
>
> As far as buggy packages are concerned, no sooner than two weeks from
> now. The NI roll out will take at least that long, and a couple of
> packages (viz openssl, gpg, openssh, postgresql) will need to be moved
> at that point. It will actually take a little longer than that, but not
> enough that there's any time left for procrastination.
OK, so hopefully Woody is gonna be released in the middle march...
Right when I was expecting it (4 months ago).
That's not TOO much time left, but we're finishing our work too.

> > From what Anthony have said I could assume it is not gonna be
> > long. That would mean we didn't have much time left for
> > preparations (writing articles etc.).
>
> "articles" ? If you meed for things like reviews for magazines and stuff,
> you've got all the time in the world to do that -- after release. If
> you mean things like release notes and installation howtos, yes, they
> need to be being worked on in earnest at this point.
No, Yes - I mean things like this:
 http://www.infodrom.org/~joey/Writing/CHIP/apt/
but printed ;-). The special Woody edition of Linux+
( http://www.linux.com.pl/ ) contains installation description,
configuration instructions, desktops and their applications
discuss, advocacy, package managment, first-package-quick-guide,
and many, many more...

It will of course come with full binary cd set.

Thank You Anthony for Your answer.

Best regards
					Grzegorz Prokopski