Re: policy on start-stop-daemon

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 03:36:02PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> So far I'm not convinced we even have a real issue here that needs
> to be solved.

Actually since starting and stopping also involves finding the pid,
checking the state, reporting it before and after an action, it also
includes reloading, and it deals with unconfigured services it is the
perfectly right place to control a subsystem.

Actually I would consider the init.d scripts as the service subsystem's only
interface.

This is not uncommon to other systems like irix or suse.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --