Re: localeconf package

Em Ter 12 Fev 2002 18:55, Jeff Licquia escreveu:
> On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 01:34, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:

[snip]

> FYI: the new configlet-frontends with this fix is in unstable.

[snip]

> The X configlet is in xserver-common, so that's where you would file.
>
> Be sure, though, that you're running xserver-common 4.1.0-14 or better;
> the configlet in 4.1.0-13 and previous had lots of bugs, including one
> that suspiciously looks like what you've posted.  If you're running an
> older xserver-common, please upgrade it to the one in unstable before
> filing bugs.
>
> If you want more configlets, install the etherconf, localeconf, and
> timezoneconf packages.

I'm using xserver-common-4.1.0-14 on a Debian unstable system I have just
updated two minutes ago. I tried installing localconf, etherconf an
timezoneconf as you said they were available. All entries are actually
appearing into Gnome Control Center, but none of them are being really
displayed.

Here's what I get when I try to run them from a terminal under X :

andrelop@foobar:~$ gnomecc
_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host foobar

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Could not open network socket.
_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host foobar

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Could not open network socket.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/localeconf-configlet-capplet", line 50, in ?
    configletdb = open("%s/configletdb" % temp_path)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/tmp/configlet.5235.1013552074/configletdb'
_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host foobar

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Could not open network socket.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/etherconf-configlet-capplet", line 50, in ?
    configletdb = open("%s/configletdb" % temp_path)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/tmp/configlet.5241.1013552077/configletdb'
_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host foobar

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Could not open network socket.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/xserver-common-configlet-capplet", line 50, in ?
    configletdb = open("%s/configletdb" % temp_path)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/tmp/configlet.5247.1013552080/configletdb'
_IceTransSocketUNIXConnect: Cannot connect to non-local host foobar

GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Could not open network socket.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/timezoneconf-configlet-capplet", line 50, in ?
    configletdb = open("%s/configletdb" % temp_path)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/tmp/configlet.5253.1013552082/configletdb'

Above you can see that I have tried to open etherconf, localeconf,
timezoneconf and the xserver-common-configlet but all them failed with the
same error. Maybe there's a bug in configlets-frontends ?

--
||  Andre Luis Lopes                   andrelop@ig.com.br               ||

||  Public GPG KeyID                   9D1B82F6                         ||
||  Keyserver                          wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net               ||