Re: curly brackets a bashism?

Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> writes:

> 7.2 describes Depends, and that's the obvious place to look for the answer to
> the general question "should essential packages be dependencies?", of which
> this is one particular example.  (I'd hope the answer is yes or no, and not
> "yes, with the exception of packages providing shells for scripts".)

     See Section 2.3.4. Dependencies:

     Packages are not required to declare any dependencies they have on
     other packages which are marked `Essential' (see below), and should
     not do so unless they depend on a particular version of that package.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>