Re: kernel-linux-*, generic build process

Adam Heath wrote:
> >   It's still necessary to repack if upstream only distributes .bz2,
> > right?  (or did dpkg-source add bz2 support while I wasn't looking? :) )
>
> dbs supports bz2.

Or you can just bunzip2 the .tar.bz2, and then gzip -9 the tarball; the
tarball remains pristine, and this is fairly easily verifyable
against uppstream. Whining at upstream helps too. :-)

> and dpkg-source v2 will.  But that's not out yet.  And when it is out, it'll
> be years before we can use it(the new dpkg-source will have to be in a stable
> version of debian before it's features can be used).

Whot? That's silly. Dpkg. Dpkg-source. Two different things, two very
different sets of upgrade requirements.

--
see shy jo