Re: Strange power management problem under 2.4.17...

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 11:17:30AM -0800, Jim Gettys wrote:

> Sometimes when I press the button for suspend on my laptop, the machine
> powers off instead. (thankfully, I run ext3), and I then have to
> wait for a whole boot sequence on resume.
>
> Sometimes it works properly, sometimes not

I don't know if it's related (I guess not) but the above message should
be here because you'd enabled 'Toshiba Support' in your kernel config
and apm give the info (that you want to suspend) to the toshiba module.

Disable the toshiba option, rebuild your kernel and install it and the
message should be an old souvenir.

> I also see this strange message in /var/log/messages.
> Feb  7 14:01:29 zap kernel: toshiba: not a supported Toshiba laptop

Christophe