Strange power management problem under 2.4.17...

Sometimes when I press the button for suspend on my laptop, the machine
powers off instead. (thankfully, I run ext3), and I then have to
wait for a whole boot sequence on resume.

Sometimes it works properly, sometimes not

I also see this strange message in /var/log/messages.
Feb  7 14:01:29 zap kernel: toshiba: not a supported Toshiba laptop

This is a Compaq Armada E500.  It has worked fine on previous kernel
versions under Mandrake, and I think it was ok on 2.2.19 right after
install.

Any ideas?
				- Jim

--