Re: postgresql compilation from source...

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:33:22PM -0800, Lev Lvovsky wrote:
> I'm trying to compile PostgreSQL from source, after having done an
> "apt-get source postgresql".  After the download, dpkg-source was
> automatically run.
>
> Going into the directory:
>
> ./configure --with-perl
> debian/rules build

I find that you generally have to edit the debian/rules file and fix the
./configure line there. Also, I recommend using debuild binary to do the
build other some permissions may not come out right (fixes umask).

If someone has a better way, let me know!

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/