Re: kernel-* package names

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:19:14PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> I clearly never looked into it. I will never do it either. I only
> forgot that the Linux build system sucks.

We have a winner. If anyone forgets why people get pissed off by whiney
marginally-useful-port partisans/leeches, they can staple this one to
their monitor.

Aren't there enough real problems to fix that we don't have to gripe
about the naming of the damn linux kernel source package? Since all the
other equivalent packages have different names it looks like the
"problem" was solved. If someone's pissed that their spiffykernel-image
package can't be called kernel-image they can moan till they're blue in
the face and I just won't care. (And I don't think I'll be the only
one...)

--
Mike Stone