Re: [RFC] GNU autoconf and dpkg-architecture

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:01:27 -0200
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Feb 2002, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > You know, all this is just way too fiddly.  I can imagine that a
> > debian/rules file gets busted by a typo.  Maybe the best thing to do
> > is shove it all into a helper script --- dh_configure anyone?
>
> The only thing I have against such a solution is that maintainers really,
> really, REALLY should know what the hell they are doing when calling
> configure, even if it takes a bug or two to get them to do it right :(
I think helper scripts are a good thing to minimize code duplication
(and we already have lots of that on Debian packages)... I agree that
maintainers should do what they are doing, but it doesn't mean, IMO,
that a helper script is a bad thing

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |