Re: Protecting user changes in developer scripts handled files

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:

> I think it would be useful if integrated in dpkg, or something...
> then it could become a standard... that seems a good solution for
> now... but I'd love to see a "library" to modify config files that
> use a common syntax (like ini's or xml... or key=value)

Well, it's still too new to be incorporated in dpkg.  And, most likely, the
script itself will undergo several revisions before becoming stable.  Which
means several uploads.

Dpkg is a base package, and with the current state of woody, not to be
uploaded unless dire circumstances happen.

Make this script a separate package, and when it is done, it can be moved
elsewhere(post woody release).