Re: description of woody release problem

Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp> cum veritate scripsit:

> The current scheme of the release process is the right thing in some
> sense --- it has "no RC bug".  At least it works.  I think it has
> a wishlist bug.  Debian should provide a motivation to fix someone
> else's package.

And that has come in the form of
"join in the fun of Lamontia Jonas Adventure!!! Do
Your NMU TODAY!!" debian-devel announce message in
aj's posting.

I know that some people started doing NMUs aggressively
(and making new bugs along with it), and the number of
bugs are getting lower. This is good sign.

Please go off and look at some bugs in base, look at
http://base.debian.net, and http://standard.debian.net

There are some problems that I really think needs
some more people hacking at it.
The bug for newt-utf8, which says that newt needs support
for black-and-white displays, probably needs someone with
some experience, and time hacking into the source.

As an aside:
Please file NMU diff to the BTS, so that people can help
fix bugs caused by NMUs...
but that is another matter.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4