Re: It's Huntin' Season

>>"Adam" == Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

 Adam> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 >> On further inspection, one does not need special case code in
 >> the script: you just need to ship the old md5sum file in your package
 >> (no harm in making the md5sum file a part of your package).  In that
 >> case, the conffile handling is done right.

 Adam> How would that work, exactly?  I would assume the md5sum would
 Adam> be generated at package build time.  And when the new package
 Adam> is built, the md5sum of the 'new' file would be stored.

	Perhaps it is not as striaght forward as that.

 Adam> However, for conffile-like handling, you need the md5sum of the
 Adam> conffile at the time the package was 'last' installed.

	That is what I meant. But then future upgrades would be messed
 up, since you can't just remove the file from the package, and in the
 future, your static file would override the file on the target machine.

 Adam> Doing it as  you suggest above would not work.

	Quite.

	manoj
--
 Nothing is but what is not.