Re: Trying to fix slang

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> cum veritate scripsit:

> > This should fix most problems that currently exist in
> > many packages, and removes the necessity to divert.
>
> If the NMU'ed utf8 slang is binary-compatible with the non-utf8
> library, why is diverting a bad thing?

It is not.
It seems like I have made my sentences a bit muddly.

The new non-utf binary should be binary-compatible with
the old non-utf binary. (nothing much changed)

The new non-utf binary is binary-incompatible with
the old non-utf binary. (soname changed)

The binary incompatibility between utf8 and nonutf8
versions has not been resolved.

thanks,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4