Trying to fix slang

Hi,

I've been looking at slang problems today, and
I've modified the system slightly to make utf-8 version of
slang1, to have a different soname, libslang.so.1-UTF8
I have uploaded a NMU candidate at incoming/DELAYED/3-day,
but please check if it does not break anything.
It should be binary-compatible with the previous versions
of non-utf8 binaries.

This should fix most problems that currently exist in
many packages, and removes the necessity to divert.

However, it means that the following packages need some
fixups:

mutt
boot-floppies
newt

I think mutt just needs to be recompiled.
boot-floppies needs slight modification for filename handling,
and for newt, I think it needs to be split out in two packages
one built against utf8, and another against non-utf.

The applications using newt should be safe, I think newt interface
is consistent between non-utf8 and utf-8 versions.

Packages using slang, like "jed" should be aware that this
change has happened.

thanks,
	junichi
--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4