mICQ - RFA? Drop?

Hi,

I'd like your opinion about one of my pacakges: mICQ ...
It's a console ICQ client, but it doesn't support the new protocols, nor
does it support direct connections by TCP. Once mICQ was a very good ICQ
clone, now it's not worth much in the state it is right now.

The guy who did upstream after the project-starter tragicaly died in a
car accident now announces he can't maintain the source anymore. Neither
can I, and no-one has yet replied to take over the project.

There are quite a few bugs on the package, most of them are wishlist
bugs, and the rest are all "mICQ doesn't work with new ICQ protocol"
bugs.

I don't really know what to do with this package. I don't feel it has
any use patching the source to fix a couple of wishlist bugs, while it
doesn't support v7 (?) or Oscar (?) protocol messaging. (which renders
it useless). I don't have enough knowledge of the ICQ protocols to fix
THAT myself either. *AND* there is a said-to-work micq replacement: vicq.

So, what do you think. Should I request-adoption of micq?
Should I drop the package from the Debian project?

Let me know!
I would say drop the package, but then again, the popularity contest
shows 27 people use micq on a regular basis, 77 have the pkg installed
but don't use it that often, and 7 have installed/upgraded too recently
for stats to be known.

Regards,
Sander.