Re: uniquely identifying a maintainer...

Joerg Wendland wrote:
> Now, when one wants to create say a portal providing links to all pages
> of interest for a certain package maintainer that would not be possible
> without having inconsistent or incomplete data on that 'portal'.

I would suggest that you just not worry about it. Perhaps having to look
in two places for their data will encurage people to clean up their act
and standarize on one name and email address. (Although since the BTS
has similar problems, maybe not..)

Also, it's possible that if someone uses two email addresses for
different packages, they actually mean to have that differnetiate
something. I considered doing this when I worked at VA; if VA had
required I maintain something that I wasn't doing for fun I might have
used my @valinux.com address for that package. Then I'd only get the bug
reports at work. :-) Never did it though.

--
see shy jo