Re: fun with libgal

Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> cum veritate scripsit:

> > Then the library interface has changed.
> > libgtkhtml20 should no longer be called libgtkhtml20.
> The .so name is given by upstream - we can't simply change it only because
> we recompile our libgtkhtml package with a more recent libgal.

Then bash the upstream to change the soname.
And maybe work around it so that we will have a
PACKAGE with a NAME called libgtkhtml20-1, or libgtkhgtml20debian1 or
something that will conflict with libgtkhtml20, containing the
libgtkhtml.so.20

> > Library versioning is a pretty difficult thing,
> > but should work if done properly.
>
> _How_ do you suggest to solve the problem I mentioned?

As above.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4