Re: Mobile Debian

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 11:39:15AM +0100, Lars Bahner wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 22:06, Josh Hansen wrote:
> > I am curious if there is any current plan for a "mobile edition" of the debian
> > distribution, for use on handhelds like the iPAQ etc.? As more apps become
> > handheld-accessible, such as Qtopia, embedded versions of GTk, and
> > lightweight windowing systems, I'd love to see the advantages of the Debian
> > package system brought to handheld devices as well.
>
> There is a wannebe embeddeb sister project at
> http://www.embeddeddebian.org/

Also check out http://intimate.handhelds.org...

    The Intimate project is a fully blown debian based linux
    distribution for the Compaq iPAQ. Taking the work being done
    by the Familiar Project and combining it with fully blown
    debian package management, and access to the thousands of
    existing debian arm packages.

--
Tony